THREAD is a dynamic and innovative collaboration of diverse partners from business, design, education, research and refugee support agencies aiming to achieve life-changing results for women who are forging new lives in Denmark.
Integration is a key problem for refugees and their host countries. This project seeks to help solve this problem by developing and testing a pioneering themed model of Empowerment, Employment and Entrepreneurship opportunities. The model offers a step-change programme to women refugees with differing levels of life experience and educational qualifications, which may be accessed according to their individual confidence and competence.
New initiative in Kolding: Textile craft (Arabic: fenuun) workshop generating jobs, friendships and new designs (in Danish).
The project is currently looking for committed collaborators.
- Annual report THREAD February 2017 to 31st January 2018
- Annual report THREAD 2018 1 February 2018 to 31 December 2018
- Annual report THREAD 2019 February to October 2019
- THREAD Booklet 2020
Follow us on facebook
- Centre for Textile Research, University of Copenhagen
- Global Refugee Studies, Aalborg University
- Design school Kolding
- Henrik Vibskov, Designer
- Albertslund Vikingelandsby, Historical Workshop
- Textile Design, Handicraft and Communication, University College Copenhagen, UCC
- FAKTI (Foreningen af flygtninge og indvanderkvinder, Society of female refugees and migrants)
- Design Vanilie
Activities held by THREAD
Workshop with pelts